Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 22: Bravest Princess

Uh duh how about the one from Brave just maybe?? I mean c'mon Merida must be brave if her whole movie title is the word "brave"!! See Brave:


But in all seriousness I personally don't think she actually is the bravest princess... While I do enjoy the accents and it's quite funny, this movie doesn't rank terribly high on my "favorite Disney Princess" list. But hey she is cute!





So who do I really thinks is the bravest princess? Uuuhhmm well I'm currently deciding between Belle and Mulan. Both their acts of bravery happened out of love for their family, their fathers more specifically, and wanting to protect them. Belle trades places with her father to live with the Beast and Mulan goes to fight in her father's place. You could argue that Mulan is braver because she had to disguise herself as a man and uhm go fight this incredibly scary guy with a bird:

But on the other hand Belle moved into a castle to save her father, even though that meant leaving him by himself (while Mulan's dad still had his wife), not to mention talking household items and well a Beast!













I guess in this case I'm going to have to go with Belle.... I mean it's different for a girl to go to war (that happens now and everything) and not saying that's not brave but Belle had to leave her father (who was a little wonky..) by himself to go live with a beast forever. She'll never get to see him again but at least she'll know he didn't die alone in a damp and cold dungeon. Which I believe was a very brave thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment