Favorite Disney Princess Name
Awrite fair readers, Ah am Amanda th' sister ay Teresa an' Ah am honored tae be guest
postin' oan thes blog. Ah was informed 'at today’s theme was “yoor favorite princess name”.
Efter some consideration, Ah decided upon th' nam Merida.
Merida is, ay coorse, th' first Pixar princess (Pixar is owned by Disney which is hoo she fits
intae th' lineup), an' hails frae bonny scootlund. She has a fierce spirit an' equally fierce red
hair. an' th' fact 'at th' whole cest spoke wi' Scottish accents – loove it!
Names an' their meanings hae aye fascinated me, sae naturally Ah looked intae whit
Merida’s nam means. Interestingly enaw 'er nam is a place nam an' it’s nae Scottish, it’s
Spanish. Merida is th' capital ay th' Yucatan state in Mexico, an aw as a city in Spain.
Accordin' tae Wikipedia when Merida, Spain was foonded in 25 BC it hud th' nam emerita
Augusta, an' eventually evolved intae Merida. I’ve also seen a body site 'at suggests it’s an
easier pronunciation ay th' Celtic nam “mairead”, which means honorable. 'at coods make
sense… honestly, I’m nae sure hoo Merida got th' nam ay a city in Spain!
postin' oan thes blog. Ah was informed 'at today’s theme was “yoor favorite princess name”.
Efter some consideration, Ah decided upon th' nam Merida.
Merida is, ay coorse, th' first Pixar princess (Pixar is owned by Disney which is hoo she fits
intae th' lineup), an' hails frae bonny scootlund. She has a fierce spirit an' equally fierce red
hair. an' th' fact 'at th' whole cest spoke wi' Scottish accents – loove it!
Names an' their meanings hae aye fascinated me, sae naturally Ah looked intae whit
Merida’s nam means. Interestingly enaw 'er nam is a place nam an' it’s nae Scottish, it’s
Spanish. Merida is th' capital ay th' Yucatan state in Mexico, an aw as a city in Spain.
Accordin' tae Wikipedia when Merida, Spain was foonded in 25 BC it hud th' nam emerita
Augusta, an' eventually evolved intae Merida. I’ve also seen a body site 'at suggests it’s an
easier pronunciation ay th' Celtic nam “mairead”, which means honorable. 'at coods make
sense… honestly, I’m nae sure hoo Merida got th' nam ay a city in Spain!
Regardless, Merida is a bonnie nam an' definitely mah favorite ay th' Disney princess.
And for those of you who may have had a hard time understanding that.... Here's the normal version:
Favorite Disney Princess
Hello fair readers, I am Amanda the sister of Teresa and I am honored to be guest posting on this blog.
I was informed that today’s theme was “your favorite princess name”. After some consideration, I decided upon the name Merida.
Merida is, of course, the first Pixar Princess (Pixar is owned by Disney which is how she fits
into the lineup), and hails from bonny Scotland. She has a fierce spirit and equally fierce
red hair. And the fact that the whole cast spoke with Scottish accents – love it!
Names and their meanings have always fascinated me, so naturally I looked into what
Merida’s name means. Interestingly enough her name is a place name and it’s not Scottish,
it’s Spanish. Merida is the capital of the Yucatan state in Mexico, as well as a city in Spain.
According to Wikipedia when Merida, Spain was founded in 25 BC it had the name Emerita
Augusta, and eventually evolved into Merida. I’ve also seen one site that suggests it’s an
easier pronunciation of the Celtic name “Mairead”, which means honorable. That could
make sense… honestly, I’m not sure how Merida got the name of a city in Spain!
I was informed that today’s theme was “your favorite princess name”. After some consideration, I decided upon the name Merida.
Merida is, of course, the first Pixar Princess (Pixar is owned by Disney which is how she fits
into the lineup), and hails from bonny Scotland. She has a fierce spirit and equally fierce
red hair. And the fact that the whole cast spoke with Scottish accents – love it!
Names and their meanings have always fascinated me, so naturally I looked into what
Merida’s name means. Interestingly enough her name is a place name and it’s not Scottish,
it’s Spanish. Merida is the capital of the Yucatan state in Mexico, as well as a city in Spain.
According to Wikipedia when Merida, Spain was founded in 25 BC it had the name Emerita
Augusta, and eventually evolved into Merida. I’ve also seen one site that suggests it’s an
easier pronunciation of the Celtic name “Mairead”, which means honorable. That could
make sense… honestly, I’m not sure how Merida got the name of a city in Spain!
Regardless, Merida is a beautiful name and definitely my favorite of the Disney Princess.


thank you for the translation. ;)
ReplyDelete