Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Long Expected Party... Er I mean Post!

Sorry for the long lapse between posts, a lot has been going on in life. So a quick recap since my last post: I got a 100% on my last psychology test which is exciting because 1) it's 100% and 2) I decided that on my next test I would get a perfect score also being the first person to do so in that class. Performance is in TWO WEEKS. AAAaaaaahhhhh! :D Excited and kind of freaking out at the same time. Also Hope's Cafe is now live on youtube you should check it out! (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGy1Ma5Il7gwMm0tg4Qocg).

Last weekend was our first full cast rehearsal. I always love getting to see all the other parts for the first time. It always gets me more excited for the performance. I have to say our Scrooge completely blew me away! And it was only at a first run through... But seriously watching him I didn't see the actor playing the character. I saw Scrooge. I absolutely love working with people who can get so into their character like that. Our Fred wasn't at the rehearsal so I read for him in one of the scenes where he goes to visit Scrooge. After doing that I am so disappointed I don't actually get to do that scene! It was so fun to act opposite Scrooge being all crotchety and getting to be all cheery and disapproving of him.
For every performance I always have at least one favorite dance and for this one I have to say is "Marley's Ghosts." (not gonna spoil the dance so those of you who are coming are going to have to wait and find out and those of you who aren't.... well maybe I'll post more about it after the performance. ;) ;) ). Let's just say it involves spirits with chains and super cool music and some fun choreography. And because I made them and am kind of happy with how they turned, here's a picture (the middle word is supposed to be "charity") :

I will leave you with a short preview/promotional video for the performance:

No comments:

Post a Comment