Yay for theater! I know great way to open a blog post, sounds
super intellectual and inspiring right? Yeah I know.... not. Anyway
currently we're getting into the swing of rehearsals for our upcoming
Christmas play “The Conversion of Scrooge.” It is a new take on “A Christmas Carol,” with dancing and acting all seen from a
Catholic perspective. It promises to be an amazing production. If you
live in the area I highly recommend you attend. So far we've been working on the dances, which I am super excited about. Some of my favorite parts of performances (besides the performing part) are the music for the dances, the costumes, and seeing it all come together in the end.
Another upcoming thing is Hope's Cafe.
It's a youtube series that will be starting on October 17th
(Which is a Thursday).
It's a project I'm a part of through The Little Flower's Performing
Arts Center (Usually referred to as LFPAC). The series is about a
woman named Hope who opens a cafe and all the adventures and
discussions and going on's in her little cafe with all the different
customers. I definitely recommend watching them (once they come out
of course). There are some hilarious episodes, some thoughtful ones,
and some moving ones. I promise to share the link with you once they
come out! I play a character named Callie, who is a model and not Catholic (some of the characters are Catholic (to varying degrees), some are protestants, and some don't have a faith. Which brings up some interesting discussions). Stay tuned for more news on this!
And as long as I'm talking about
performing and such... some good friends of mine just released a CD
entitled “Ineffable.” It's a very peaceful and meditative CD, I
like to listen to it while I do homework. So I suggest you check it
out! Here's a link to their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/fourevermusicdotcom
Well that's all for tonight folks, have a great weekend!

Umm...im confused...who's "Marley" and why is he dead?
ReplyDeleteIt's a quote from "A Christmas Carol" and Marley was a former business of Scrooge, and I thought I would quote it since I was somewhat talking about our performance and I needed a good post title. :)
DeleteGAH. Darn computers. i STILL can't see Grumpy Cat!! :(
ReplyDelete