Now don't get me wrong, I like being busy, it's just an adjustment to have a busy summer, which in itself is not unusual, but having to go to work on top of it is quite a change. It's just been interesting and sometimes it doesn't even seem like summer. Thankfully today I had a nice break from all the crazy busy stuff of life and so I am here to bring you up to speed on what I've been doing!
Let's see.... For June well my younger brother graduated from 8th grade which meant party time! Also my cousin was really sick in the hospital so that took up most of June... That and working which makes my bank account happy but sometimes can be a pain haha.

Well we started out the beginning of July (well technically it was the very end of June) with a nice set of thunderstorms, some even producing EF1 tornadoes in the area. My family spent most of the storm at a local monastery adoration chapel, which some of us found fun and others well not so much! One of the tornadoes in the area decided to make a visit to our friends front yard, taking out about 4 of their large oak trees, so we spent the morning/afternoon of the 4th on cleanup duty! I also wanted to be festive and was feeling crafty so I decorated a pair of my blue jeans patriotically..
 |
| Sometimes you just have to Odile with it |
After the 4th we had a weekend of partying and dove headfirst into theater summer camp! I was an assistant teacher and let me tell you I do not believe teaching is my calling... at least not teaching 10-13 year olds. Honestly though, it was a lot of fun and I have some great memories from the week! We did a 40 minute skit at the end of the week for the parents, it was The Prince and The Pauper and I have to say I was proud of how well the kids pulled it off for only having a week. :) So now that that is done with I had a nice relaxing day at home today and then tomorrow I have a week of summer intensive for dance, which will also be tiring but lots of fun! But no worries I'm prepared and with some new sassy warm ups I am ready to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment