Sunday, March 16, 2014

So talk much long wow!

Wow it's been a while folks! But I've been saving up my profoundness for you, the DCP took a lot of my blogging inspiration but never fear I'm back! Anyway I wrote up a post for you lovely readers and I hope you'll enjoy it and it's not to random and rambly...




Growing up is an interesting thing. When you’re younger that’s all you want to do! I know at least for me my favorite phrase when I was growing up was: “I can’t wait till I’m old enough to do x.” or “I can’t wait till I’m older!” Of course everyone else always tells you that you should enjoy being young and you don’t want to grow up to fast. And of course when you’re younger you don’t believe them, but now that I’m older man do I agree with them! While growing older does have its perks, you know driving, money, being able to make your own decisions. It also comes with a lot of responsibilities, you know driving, money, being able to make our own decisions! I have a love/hate relationship with becoming an adult. Even though I just barely qualify to use that title, (pretty much only legally) it’s still a weird concept to think I’m even close to being one. Today I started my first job, well sort of, it’s more like my first job job, if you know what I mean. ;) Well anyway in the past two months I have legally become an adult, gotten my driver’s license, and gotten a job (as well as being in school). Man growing up happens fast. I was driving around on Friday from job orientation, errands, and then to rehearsal and I was thinking about how surreal it is to finally be at the place I always wanted to be as a kid. Not that the job I have is a job I plan to have my entire life or anything, but I’m driving and working which will allow me to continue toward my lifelong goals. Which is a place I’m very thankful to be in. It’s always interesting thinking back where I was 5 or even 10 years ago, look at where I’m at now, and then wonder about where I’ll be in the future even just within the next year! While I’m certainly not done growing up, I’m so thankful for all the people and opportunities that have gotten me to where I am today. I believe that you don’t always end up where you might thing you want to be but where you’re supposed to be. Though I sincerely hope that for you and for myself, where we want to be IS where we’re supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment